Journal Entry Reversal from Closed Period

Hi all, does anyone have an idea on how to reverse a journal entry from a past period that is closed? Basically have a JE that was supposed to be tied to a customer name, but it was inputted incorrectly without it. The JE is just debiting and crediting  accounts but with no “Name” tied to it. The period to alter the JE is closed, and now the customer has an open balance on the A/R aging report. Appreciate any help, thank you!

Rookie Asked on April 3, 2020 in Accounting.
Add Comment
1 Answer(s)

Try enabling ‘Allow Non G/L Changes’ for the period. I vaguely recall having an issue last time I tried to add the entity to the name field and had to reopen the period.  Check out Answer Id: 46362 and Answer Id: 90865.

Beginner Answered on April 3, 2020.
Add Comment

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.
  • This site made possible by our sponsors:   Tipalti   Celigo   Become a Sponsor   Become a Sponsor