How use a Workflow to update an existing line item when some value
What I need: In a Sales Order, the location of every line item must match the location of the main form. I have already created a Workflow that grabs the main value and add it to th line item when a new line item is added.
BUT I also need to update the line item when the main value is changed AFTER the line item is already there.
I have a solution based on a scheduled workflow.
- Create a saved transaction search that will generate a list of the sales orders that you want to have the line item locations match the main location (master location)
- Create a transaction (sales order) workflow that is scheduled – every 30 minutes with the condition being the saved search you created.
- Leave your start state blank
- Add a second state
- Drag a transition arrow from start state (blank) to second state
- Click the transition arrow and make the condition the saved search
- Click your second state
- Add a new sublist group and choose items as the sublist under parameters. Make sure this action triggers on entry
- Create a new action within your sublist action group that sets the field value to location(line) and from field – record (join field) current record then field below that to location (main)
Every 30 minutes this workflow will reference your saved search list of sales orders and will update the line item location on each sales order to match the master location.