RE: Workflow that auto-populates DISCOUNT item when CUSTOMER chosen
How can I create a work order, or designation, that automatically assigns a discount item to a sales order, once the customer is populated? One of our customer’s receives a 17% discount to their entire sales order, every time. We want to avoid creating additional price levels – but it is easy to forget to manually click this discount item when creating the sales order.
I understand you want to avoid price levels, but this is the way I would do it as it is the ‘cleanest’, uses no customisation (which means NS runs quicker) and is scalable (if there are more customers that you want to apply a 17% discount to, or a different % discount).
- Create a new Price Level
- Enter “-17%” into the “Markup/Discount %” field
- Tick “Update Existing Prices”
- Set the “Price Level” on the Customer Record (normally under the “Financial” tab)
Here are the advantages:
- When you create a new order for this customer, it automatically applies that price level, no manual intervention needed.
- Other customers can use that price level in the future
- You can easily add other price levels for other customers with different discounts
- If you change the price of the base price, it automatically updates the price levels
If you want the customer to ‘know’ that they are on a special discount level, you could add the price level name to the email/PDF template too (and you could call the price level “17% off” or something).
In theory you could do what you have asked for with a workflow. But because I suspect you have more than one SKU per order, I haven’t been able to get it to work (because I can’t add a “Subtotal” line via Workflow.