RE: How do I set up QMS?
To set up a quality inspection in the QMS module, follow these steps:
- Go to Quality Management > Setup > Quality Inspections.
- Click New.
- Enter a name and description for the quality inspection.
- Select the type of inspection, such as incoming inspection, in-process inspection, or outgoing inspection.
- Select the item or items that will be inspected.
- Select the inspection criteria. This may include things like dimensional accuracy, surface finish, and functionality.
- Select the sampling method. This will determine how many items are inspected from a batch.
- Select the inspection result types. This may include things like pass, fail, or rework.
- Click Save.
Once you have created a quality inspection, you can use it to inspect incoming materials, in-process products, or finished products. To do this, go to Quality Management > Transactions > Quality Inspections. Click New and select the quality inspection that you want to use. Then, enter the inspection results and click Save.
You can also use the QMS module to create quality inspection plans. This allows you to group together multiple quality inspections and schedule them to be performed on a regular basis. To create a quality inspection plan, go to Quality Management > Setup > Quality Inspection Plans. Click New and enter a name and description for the plan. Then, add the quality inspections that you want to include in the plan. You can also schedule the plan to be performed on a regular basis.
Once you have created a quality inspection plan, you can assign it to a specific product, process, or location. To do this, go to the Quality Inspections tab on the product, process, or location record. Then, select the quality inspection plan and click Assign.
The QMS module also provides a number of reports that can be used to track and analyze quality inspection results. To access these reports, go to Quality Management > Reports.