shipping address purchase order
NetSuite offers possibility to set addresses on a supplier record, and mark them as default billing or default shipping. When marking an address as deafult shipping, and entering a purchase order , it doesnot set the suppliers default shipping address?
Also, it can not be selected in the po..?
Purchase Order does not include vendor’s shipping address. Users can create a custom field that will source the default ship to address entered on the vendor record.
1. Navigate to Customization > Lists, Records, & Fields > Transaction Body Fields > New.
2. Enter a field name for Label.
3. Set Type as Text Area.
4. Uncheck the Store Value checkbox.
5. Under the Applies To tab, mark Purchase.
6. On the Display tab, select Main for the Subtab field (optional).
7. Under Sourcing & Filtering, select Vendor for Source List and Ship To for Source From field.
8. Click Save.
thanks, appreciate your efforts! Why though does NetSuite offer possibility to set a default supplier ship to address on a supplier record, and is the shipping address (default) available on purchase transaction form? For sales orders/customers it DOES work though, as designed and expected.
Your solution sounded promising, tested it, but doesnot work for us:
- we need it to be set to “store value” since occasionally, the address might be different for a purchase order so overriding it in the po should be possible (like the default functionality “custom”)
- however, when setting it accordingly, it doesnot pull the supplier default shipping address but a number??
I am mistaken, it does work with “store field value” setting as well… So that indeed is a work around that we possibly could use.
But the question remains:
Why though does NetSuite offer possibility to set a default supplier ship to address on a supplier record, and is the shipping address (default) available on purchase transaction form? For sales orders/customers it DOES work though, as designed and expected.