I’m trying to build a workflow that set a field mandatory based on the sales rep I’ve choosed.
Is there anything specific you’re struggling with?
You’ll be looking for a single State, a Set Field Mandatory Action, with an After Field Edit trigger.
Let me know if you need more detailed steps.
1. Navigate to Customization > Workflow > Workflows > New.
2. Enter “Name” and “Record Type”.
3. Check “On Create” and “On View Or Update”.
4. Select “Context” of “User Interface”.
5. Double-click “State 1” (or click the pencil icon on the right) to edit.
6. Update the “Name”.
7. Click “New Action” and then select “Set Field Mandatory”.
8. Update “Trigger On” to “After Field Edit”.
9. Select a “Context” of “User Interface”.
10. Select “Sales Rep” from “Triggering Client Fields”.
11. Use the visual builder to set the “Condition” under which will result in the other field being made mandatory.
e.g. Record=Sales Rep, Field=Last Name, Compare Type=Contains, Value=a (Sales Reps whose last name contain an ‘a’.)
12. Save the Condition.
13. In “Field”, select the field that you would like to make mandatory.
14. Check “Mandatory”. (**)
15. Click Save.
16. Save the Workflow State.
(*) When happy with testing, you will need to update Release Status to Released.
(**) If you want to make the field non-mandatory after this point, you’ll need to follow steps 7 – 15 but leave “Mandatory” unchecked.
I’ve done exactly what you’ve said but the workflow doesn’t work.
Is there any other way?
I’ve tested that and found it to work on my account.
Would you be able to share some screenshots and I’d be happy to have a look and see if there’s anything not quite right.
Were you able to take a look into it?