Journal Entry Import Error – The amounts in a journal entry must balance.
I’m having issues with Trial Balance import.
Steps that I followed:
- Downloaded the template from Documents > File Cabinet > SuiteBundles
- Our HEADER line is as follows:
entry no| trandate | subsidiary | journalItemLine_memo | journalItemLine_account | journalItemLine_debit | journalItemLine_credit |journalItemLine_department
- Our line item for this is something like this:
- EXAMPLEAUG2020 | 8/31/2020 | 4 | Test Journal | 1842| 4322526.31|0.00||Balance Sheet
- We have used internal ID for Subsidiary and Account
- Also we select ADD in Step 2 of the import.
- The error that we get is – “The amounts in a journal entry must balance.“
- Looked up in SuiteAnswers and have followed as recommended.
- I’ve even tried maintaining one AMOUNT column for debit & credit with ‘-‘ sign for credit. We still get the same error.
Any tips and suggestions that any of you might have faced and found solution for this is appreciated. Thanks.