Has anyone in the NS developer world ever push/upload a csv file from external drive into Netsuite file cabinet using a RESTlet
I’ve done it before (technically, worked with any file below about 9MB). I don’t have the code with me though. CSV shouldn’t be very hard. Do the following:
- Read the CSV file using a programming language of your choice. It’s a text file, so you should be able to just read it.
- Use a POST request to send it to your Restlet
- On the restlet side, hook up to the POST event and receive the JSON/String. (technically, you could use GET as well, but I prefer POST)
- Using the File API, write it to the file system.
- As said, you may have to watch it on size as scripts have a size limit in what they can handle with files.
I believe you can also directly post files to a restlet and the restlet will understand that and turn it into a nlobjFile object… though I’ll have to go back and check.
Anyways, keep trying at it, and try and follow the 5 steps listed above, and you should be alright.
Keep in mind this to create the file correctly, you can use the file.Type Enum to set the type as a CSV.
To create a CSV file you have to use the encoding of UTF8, you also can use the file.Encoding Enum to get the correct encoding constant.