RE: Overpayment of invoice

I have a customer that has paid an invoice for more than what was billed. In our old system we could overwrite the amount when we posted the payment and that we create a credit on their A/R. Is this an option when applying payments? Or do I need to create a j/e?

KELLYH Rookie Asked on August 17, 2022 in Accounting.
Add Comment
2 Answers

Just issue a credit memo for the over payment amount. Then apply the credit memo to future invoices or issue refund

Advanced Answered on August 18, 2022.
Add Comment

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.