RE: Determine name of Sales Order Creator
I am modifying an advanced PDF/HTML template and would like to display the name of the user who created a sales order. I want to display the first and last name.
Beginner Asked on July 29, 2020 in Administration.
I couldn’t access it directly from the template but there is a solution:
- Create a new Transaction Saved Search.
- Add only one column for Created By with a Summary Type of Maximum.
- Add an Available Filter of Internal ID.
- Mark the Saved Search as Public.
- Create a new Transaction Custom Body Field.
- Uncheck Stored.
- Select the above Saved Search as the default value under Validation & Defaulting.
- Check that the Created By appears in the UI.
- Use this new field in the template.
on July 30, 2020.
This works great! I now get the creator’s name. I would like to be able to drill down to the Employee: Firstname and Lastname in the SS. Is there a way I can have these 2 fields show? I guess I could create a SS for both first and last name but wondering if there is a better solution.