RE: Custom Parent/Child records
I created a custom record called Receival Log. I want to be able to have one or many child records to track the box number and tracking number for all items. Ex:
Receival Log: 1 Receival: Piece number: 1 Tracking number: 123123123123 Receival Log: 2 Receival: Piece number: 1 Tracking number:1212312312312 Receival: Piece number:2 Tracking number:41341234123413
Any ideas on hoe to do this?
If I understand what you are trying to do you are creating 2 custom records ReceivalLog and ShippedPackages basically. The relationship is a single ReceivalLog records will have 1->many ShippedPackages.
- I would start first creating the custom record ReceivalLog record type Customization->Lists,Records&Fields->Record Types then complete the form and save
- Then Edit the new new record type and add your fields
- Next repeat steps 1 and 2 for the Shipped Packages record
- When adding a fields for ShippedPackages be sure to add a field connect back to the RecievalLog in step 1
- Type = List/Record
- List/Record = Receival Log
- Make Sure the checkbox for “Record Is Parent” is checked
That should create your ReceivalLog and many child entries