RE: 📌 FASTEST Way to Extract Data From NetSuite Saved Search? 📌
Hi NetSuite Professionals!
What would be the FASTEST way to extract NetSuite saved search?
- How do we improve the performance on Saved Search API?
- Is there a way to convert Saved Search to SuiteQL without manually recreating the query and retrieve the data through the SuiteQL Query API?
- How do we use a Map/Reduce to only retrieve data similar to the Saved Search API? Would that improve the performance?
- What is the general expected performance to retrieve large amount of data from NetSuite?
Thank you for your help!
May be this will help you.
Extracting Data from NetSuite
NetSuite provides an export function at Setup > Import/Export > Export Tasks > Full CSV Export, described in Exporting Selected Lists and Reports as CSV Files (CSV Export).
If this export functionality does not meet your needs, you can use a combination of the following options to extract detailed data from NetSuite:
- Exporting saved search results to CSV files. For information, see Exporting Search Results.
- Exporting report results as CSV files. For information, see Exporting a Report.
- Writing a SOAP web services program to query record data. For information, see SuiteTalk SOAP Web Services Platform Overview.
- Using SuiteAnalytics Connect to access NetSuite data through an ODBC, JDBC, or ADO.NET driver and an external application such as Microsoft Excel or Crystal Reports. For information, see SuiteAnalytics Connect. Note that ODBC access is an additional service with an associated fee.
You can use the detailed records that you obtain from these approaches to create spreadsheets of relevant information. All of these approaches can preserve the relational aspects of data, as long as you export the Internal ID with each data row.
Recommendations for Financial Data Extraction
Reports may be more useful for the extraction of transaction information than saved searches, because they provide easier matching of totals.
- A possible organizing mechanism is to aggregate purchase transactions in one spreadsheet and sales transactions in another.
- The Transaction Detail report can be customized to be filtered by transaction type and to include relevant columns such as transaction number and memo, before export.
- In some cases, it may be necessary to set date range filters to limit report run time, and run multiple versions of the same report to extract data from multiple date ranges.
Recommendations for CRM Data Extraction
Saved searches can be used to extract CRM data from NetSuite.
- Saved searches are organized by record type, such as contact, customer, and vendor; and NetSuite recommends that you organize extracted information by record type as well.
- Notes field data on entity records (such as customers and vendors) can be extracted through a separate type of search, either System Note or User Note. In some cases, you may need to run separate searches and combine their data into an aggregated spreadsheet. In other cases, you can access notes data through a search for Contacts, Customers, or Vendors.
For information about saved searches, see Saved Searches.