RE: SOAP Connection
I am new using Suite Talk, to integrate Netsuite with Shopify
Can you please guide me through setting the connection as a first step
Since the help material and examples are not helpful in Netsuite
they provided examples that are not related to the description they provided
This question can take a long time to answer. You would need to provide a lot of details up front.
Basic setup is as follows:
- Did you enable the required features in the NetSuite account: https://system.netsuite.com/app/help/helpcenter.nl?fid=section_N3419926.html
- Did you give the required permissions to the role that will be used for the integration: https://system.netsuite.com/app/help/helpcenter.nl?fid=section_N3424476.html
- Did you setup the integration record: https://system.netsuite.com/app/help/helpcenter.nl?fid=section_4393879073.html
Next is to make sure your client is setup. Thats very language and framework specific. If you just want to try out sending requests, I use soap-ui (I honestly dont like it too much, I just haven’t found better).
- You create a new SOAP project in soap-ui by giving it the location to the wsdl: https://system.netsuite.com/app/help/helpcenter.nl?fid=section_N3413913.html
- It will generate templates for each request that exists
- You will need to change the url used for the request. NetSuite has different domains for each account: https://system.netsuite.com/app/help/helpcenter.nl?fid=section_1498251763.html
- Keep in mind that you should only change the domain. Only replace http://webservices.netsuite.com, keep the rest of the path the same
- After that you can fill in the values in the template. This tends to require knowledge about how SOAP works. NetSuite’s xml uses more advanced features like abstract types.