RE: How to add sublist to salesorder from a custom record type?
Goal: Add a sub list of ‘subscription products’ to (all) sales order records in NetSuite.
– I created a custom record type ‘subscription product’.
– The custom record type doesn’t have a ‘record is parent’ field created/configured.
– When I try to create this field, I have no option to select ‘sales order’ record/list type.
– How do I associate the ‘subscription product’ custom record type with the sales order? (child -> parent)?
– I have created a saved search for the ‘subscription product’ record type.
– How do I add this saved search as a sub list to the sales order record?
What are your fields for subscription product? You will need a custom field for the Customer since that would be the only “meaningful” record to associate with a sales order since there is only one customer per sales order.
The custom field for Customer will need to be List/Record type with Customer as the list. Your saved search needs a filter for Customer in order for it to be associated with the customer record. You can create a custom sublist to make it visible on the sales order record.